Wednesday, February 3, 2010

We're Back! Highlights of our Texas trip

Well Hello There!   We've been getting scolded that we've abandoned our blog... Well, we love hearing that.  To us that means you miss us!   We appreciate that.

Bob and I have so much to catch you guys up on.   First of all our trip to Texas was fast and furious.   As soon as we arrived in Houston we had a funeral to attend.  My 13 yr old cousin decided to take his life and you just can't imagine the devastation that decision had on the family.  Chris, where ever you are...we love you and hope you are resting in peace.   Since the funeral was in Portland, Texas that gave us time to visit with family and best of all see my Grandmother.  She's amazing and we love her so much.   She's in a nursing home but is sharp as a whip.  She's had several strokes so she can't walk and has a hard time communicating.  She understands absolutely everything you tell her and you know when she's upset with you too.  (ha-ha).  She adores & loves Bob, so I like to joke around and stir her up by hollering at him... boy, can she jump my butt without saying a word.



I've said it before and I will say it again...Bob and I are blessed with some amazing friends and a tight large family.   Every day and night we shared lunches, dinners, happy hours, and put on tons of weight.  A sure sign of a good time.  

My cousin Tunisia who now lives in California returned to Houston for a few Christmas parties.  During the short time she was in town she made time to cook us a fantastic dinner.   Love you, Tuni!  Thanks for getting the family together.

The one event we miss most is our Texans football and tailgating.   Thanks to my Stepdad, Sandy and my friend, Trechell; we had the opportunity to take in 2 games and experience our tailgating with some of our best buds.   Talk about a spread,  Ina cooked ALL my favorites.   Gumbo, Boudin, Shrimp Etoufee, Grilled Lobster, Porkloins... she asked what I was craving; I just had no idea I would have it all in one sitting.   Fantastic food.  Not to mention we spend several nights at their place.  Thank you, Ina and David!

My friends from high school gathered for a great Happy Hour at one of my favorite hangouts, called Lucky's Pub.   We were a very tight group in the Alief area and still remain the best of friends. 


Alief Hastings Class of 86


My Mom and Sandy host an annual Christmas Eve party.  We were glad to spend a wonderful evening with numerous family members & friends.   Always a good time and a great tradition of ours that unfortunaley we missed last year as we were suffering thru the last days of our 3 month stint in Mazatlan.

We spent Christmas Day with my Mother-n-Law, Edna and our nephews and Keith. 
We cooked up a fabulous meal and played games till all hours of the night.

New Year's Eve was spent with my brother and all his wonderful neighbors
We had such a great time.  Karaoke, jello shots, bonfire, fireworks and good people...
what better way to bring in the New Year.

As you will see our time in Houston was one BIG Celebration.   We love all our friends dearly.  Here are just a few memories of our trip back home.


Ginger and Rick



Eddy and Selena



Cindy and Bob


Trechell and Lydia


All my co-workers at DCP


Michael and Karen



My brother, Ina and David

I have so many pictures that I would love to load but unfortunately internet has me at a standstill.
We do want to thank the following for opening their homes to us and making us feel at home.
My Mom and Sandy, my Mother-n-Law, my Dad, my brother, Ina and David,
Trechell and Terald, Pete and Nancy, Selena, Cindy,
Sam and Barb, Tom and Lien, Brian and Adrienne,
my Aunt Mary Alice and Nacho, & Alma and Wally

As you can see even though we were in our home town of Houston, we moved around a lot and continued to live out of a suitcase.   We miss you guys and we look forward to our next visit.

We just started the next chapter of our life here on Guanaja a few weeks ago.
A beautiful island and we look forward to all the new challenges that come with
living the island lifestyle.
 Although we don't have our place built yet...
you are always welcome to join us at anytime. 
We will be keeping you posted on this new journey of our lives.

Take care!
Bonnie and Bob

2 comments:

Tunisia Burns said...

Awe, thanks for the shoutout - I feel special!! I need to update my blog too - We had some fun adventures over the holidays.
Love,
Tunisia

Unknown said...

Hi guys;

Another great post....Thank you. I will talk to you soon.

In Ceiba with clients....Wish me luck!!

Peace, Jeffe'