Friday, December 10, 2010

Funny Story

This is just a funny story I wanted to share with you guys.

One day we were on the Cay.  Remember I told you guys there's a large cay called Bonacca which we just call "The Cay".  This cay is where we do all our shopping, banking, pay bills, etc.  Anyway, I was at the bank while Bob was carting groceries to the boat.

We had parked our boat at the Municipal dock, so as Bob walked down the walkway he heard, "Bob....Bob".  He turned around, looked down the the walkway and saw nobody.  He just shook it off and continued to walk to the boat.  On his way back, he heard it again "Bob...Bob".  He's like what the hell.  He sees no one around, then it hit him.  Someone was calling him from the jail cell.





He's thinking "who the hecks in there that I would know?"  So, he walks to the door and the person behind the door is asking, "Will you please buy me a baleada?  I'm hungry".  The cell is very dark, dreary and you can't see but a few inches thru the bars, so Bob asks who's in there?  He gave his name and sure enough Bob knew him.  The guy would on occasion carry our groceries to our boat.   Bob of course wants to know why this guy is in jail and he told him it was because of a fight.  Bob has his doubts but whatever.    Bob says let me see what I can do.

A baleada is a flour tortilla filled w/refried red beans and cheese.  It's a cheap Honduran snack if eating one.

Anyway, Bob finds me on the cay and tells me what happened.  I asked a friend on the cay if inmates get meals.  She told me absolutely not.  The only way an inmate can get food is by family members or friends that want to take them food.  How about that concept?  Jails here are how it should be back in the US.  Concrete walls, floors, dark and no food, no bed. Gotta love it. 

Bob and I decided to take him a baleada and told him to stay out of trouble.  





We'll be in touch!
Miss you guys. 


3 comments:

LuzRLeal said...

GOOD MORNING BONNIE. This is a neat post. If only we had at least half of that strict jail less people would like it there. Here they have food, TV, a bed and some of the conforts that do not need to be there. We love you and hope to see you guys soon. TIA LUZ

Renne Siewers said...

It is good information. We will make sure we don't get into any fights in the Caribbean. hehehe....Renne' & Jon

Nancy Oliver said...

Good thing the policia in Costa Rica were having a great day or we would be still yelling at people n the walk ways to bring us food.
Great story