Friday, July 11, 2008

Ginger's Visit

Woohoo! I got a nice Texas hug from my friend Ginger and her family. They came in town to visit for a few days. It was so nice to see her and spend a little time with them. I had set them up with a sail from Roatan to Utila which they loved. They said it was an awesome way to start there vacation from the plane ride. Traveling with Ginger is her boyfriend Richard, her Mom Regina and Step Dad Mark. They came in on a Sunday July 6th. We had a golf cart ready for them to use while on Utila so we took them all around the island. We snorkeled, found some Fresh Water Caves, partied with some of our friends and hung out on the beach. They learned to play Fris-Knock and I have to say they beat us at our own game. Richard & Mark beat Bob & I. Very sad but lots of fun. We all left Utila Wednesday early morning (6:20) on a ferry to the Mainland. We took a taxi up to the Pico Bonito National Forest where we had reservations at Jungle River Lodge. All of them went White Water Rafting while I hung back and laid in the hammock reading or playing pool with one of the local kids. As much as I wanted to participate in the rafting I held back. Most of you know that I have ruptured discs in my neck and just didn't want to risk having one of those horrible spasms. But anyway, we all had a great time. One of my friends from Utila had joined us too, Judy. The lodge is very rustic w/a small restaurant and bar. It sits just above the river and we could hear the water flowing all night long. The river was cold and very clear which we enjoyed swimming in cause it was hot and very little wind. The view was spectacular with the National Forest just across the river. At night, we watch the clouds come in and hover in the valley. Then the rain came in. Loved it; although it didn't rain for long. Helped cool things off and enjoyed a nice dinner and libations. Judy and I were the last ones to call it a night. Poor Judy had a few too many and while helping her to the room she busted her butt. Bob said he could hear me laughing loud. Nothing has changed! On Thursday we departed our ways. Ginger and her family took an early cab ride back to the Ferry to head to the island of Roatan. They were going to finish out there vacation on West Bay Beach @ Los Rocas Resort. I know they are going to have a blast and enjoy that area. Judy, Bob & I took a cab back to town. Judy was going to shop in LaCeiba and possibly spend the night before heading back to Utila. Bob and I are catching a bus to Trujillo and another ferry to the island of Guanaja. I'll write about that journey soon. Take care. We'll see you soon. This part of our journey is coming to an end. We'll be heading home July 24th. Love to all. B&B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Miss you Bonnie! Things aren't the same without you. I hope to see you soon. =) Keep having fun.

Love, Jamie.

Bonnie N Bob's Travels said...

Thank you, Jamie. We'll be back very soon. Stay tuned for a Happy Hour. Love ya too!