Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Birthday Month

As most of you know...it's my Birthday month. Yes, I celebrate all month long. Are you kidding me? I count my blessing to be alive each year. The actual day has come and gone but I never pass up a free drink, cake, birthday spankings...hehehe! I do appreciate all the birthday wishes I've received. Thank you very much, truly means a lot to me. Saturday we spent most of the afternoon and evening with our friends Pete, Cheryl and Suzanne (Pete's Daughter) The last week of their stay here in Maz they moved out of our apartments and into a fancy resort, Pueblo Bonito. They invited us over for the day to hang at the pool and beach. Pete got up early (5:00 a.m.) to reserve a Palapa and chaises for all of us. Thank you, Pete! The afternoon was fantastic. We did catch the end LSU/Alabama game as we were dressing for dinner. What a game that was. After the game we caught a cab to the furthest beach north of town. They call this beach Playa Bruja. "Witches Beach". I don't know the meaning of the name but I do know it's a surfers hang out. We were there for dinner. What a fabulous dinner we had too. Lobster & Shrimp...can't beat that. At the end of our dinner the wait staff came out with this horrible noise maker, pinata, shot of tequila and cake. Happy Birthday to me...Happy Birthday to me... After dinner we caught our cab back to their resort but went across the street to Munchies for a night cap. Actually we thought the bar was having karaoke that night but turns up the guy didn't show with his machine. Bummer! We're really getting into that karaoke scene and not just me! Bob has let loose and he's really good. Sunday (my actual birthday) was laid back. I slept really late (10:00 a.m.) Dang! I must have been tired. Bob was waiting patiently for me to wake up. Apparently he was starving and ready to take me out for breakfast. We caught a bus and went to a place called Panamas. Our normal ritual on Sundays is to hit Caliente's Sportbook to catch all the football games but this Sunday no one was showing my Texans. Which I guess it was a blessing. What happened? Geez! Don't answer that...I know! After a couple of hours we headed back to the apartment where we chilled for the afternoon. Bob took a nap and I hung out by the pool reading. Later that evening Bob treated me to a nice dinner around the corner. Gotta say... I've been eating some great meals. Well our friend Pete and his daughter Suzanne have left to go back home. Cheryl leaves tomorrow. I'm really sad. We had a such a great time and we will miss them. Until next time! Hugs - Bonnie & Bob

0 comments: