Thursday, May 28, 2009

We are safe!

Hi to everyone. Thank you for your concerns in our travels down to Honduras. Unfortunately, Honduras experienced an earthquake 7.1 but fortunately for us we've made it back to the states safely. We have checked in with our friends on the islands and most had minimal damage but pooped in their pants at 3:30 a.m. From what we are hearing it was quite a scare. We haven't heard from our friends in Roatan and they apparently were closer to the Epicenter. We pray that no injuries occurred and minimal damage was done to their properties. We did make it back to the states last Thursday. I couldn't blog about it since we were surprising my stepdad for his 60th birthday. I wish I could have told my mom but she can't keep a secret to save her life. (Although she states otherwise). He was pleasantly surprised when we crashed his party and enjoyed ourselves with the rest of the family. So far our visit has been very smooth even though we're trying to shuffle around and see as much family and friends as possible. But we still haven't seen my Dad yet. Soon, very soon! We've been to Louisiana to do a little gambling. Luck wasn't on my side. Bob had better luck than I did playing video poker and sitting at the bar. I guess I should have done the same. Being that it was Memorial weekend; the table games were higher than usual. $15.00 tables were few and far between. After lunch, the minimum jumped to $25.00. Yikes. Lost my money quickly in 3 card poker. Never could get on a blackjack table; the place was packed. But we had a good time gambling with my family. My brother is a riot and I've really missed him. Other than that; we are doing very well. Bob is trying to figure out where we fly to from here. It will be somewhere in South America. We plan to hang down there for 5-6 months and seeing as much as possible. As always anyone is more than welcome to join us. We hope everyone is doing well and that we get to see you soon. Lots of love - B&B

1 comments:

Elizabeth @ My Life, Such as it is... said...

Hi! Glad y'all are safe & sound.

I just wanted to stop by to let you know that I've passed along the 'One Lovely Blog' Award! Please stop by my blog to pick up your award. http://texasebeth.blogspot.com