Thursday, May 22, 2008

Making the most of it!

Hello everyone! How's it going? I got to tell you we pay a lot for electricity down here and yet we still have "blackouts". We experienced a 12 hr blackout on Tuesday. We do have back up generators at the restuarant and bar plus at the house we are living in. Not everyone has this luxury. Our bar was packed this evening. We had ice cold beer, music and food all evening long. Unfortunately that made my day very long. As I was about to leave large groups of folks stroll in. We needed the extra help so, I stayed. When it finally died down I gathered my stuff and Bob @ I headed to the casa. I was anxious to get home, shower and lie down. I was a whooped puppy. Well, guess what...We don't see any lights in the house but a few flickers when we pulled up. WTF! Jeff apparently couldn't get the generator started and it was stiffling in the place. I was pissed. Jeff had the magnificant idea to go the beach. What? Are you kidding me? At this hour? What else were we going to do... We loaded up a cooler, folding chairs and a few flashlights and headed to the beach. Mind you its now 11:00 at night. The moon is full. There's a cool breeze off the ocean and the waves are crashing. We plopped our chairs in ankle deep water, opened our brewsky and watch the waves come in. It was an amazing night. The moon was beaming on the water and it was so cool. I had never seen the ocean quite like that before. I loved the roar of the waves and the smell of the salt water. Guess what? I was no longer pissed. I was in awe and pure serenity. By 1:30 in morning we decided to head back home. We could see that the electricity is still off. Didn't phase me till we walked in the house. I stunk. I felt sand and salt all over my body. The pumps weren't working so no water; no shower. I was back to being miserable. I guess I didn't drink enough. Bob was already snoring and it didn't even phase him. I was pacing then wha-la...the lights came on. I hear the pumps...woohoo! I closed all the windows, turned on our A/C and hopped in the shower. Awe Man, I was one happy camper. Before shutting my eyes for some zzzz's...i recalled the evening at the beach. Muy Tranquil!

2 comments:

Peachy Girl said...

Girlie...you amaze me everytime I read your blog. Thanks for sharing the beach scene at 11pm - 1:30am...very nice :)
HUGS!

Bonnie N Bob's Travels said...

Hey...I found out how to read my comments left by those reading the blog.

I miss you, my friend.
Take care!
Bonnie.