Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Feliz Ano Nuevo

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Bob & I spent our afternoon with the neighbors playing Hearts. Later we grilled shrimp, beef fajitas, stuffed jalapenos and potatoes. We did enjoy a very nice dinner for Christmas Eve. One of the restaurants "Olas Atlas" advertised Cajun Fried Turkey and say no more...we're there. We went only to find the turkey over cooked. But the rest of the feast was wonderful. Ham, prime rib, dressing, roasted potatoes, green bean casserole, rolls and desserts. All was fabulous but yet I was still disappointed. I really wanted my turkey seasoned and juicy. O'well.... Tonight is the Eve of New Year's. Happy New Year to everyone! We wish the best for everyone in 2009. We'll be spending our evening with some friends at a place called Canucks. Dinner, dancing, open bar & party favors at midnight to be enjoyed by all. Canucks is offering free shuttle service to & from their restaurant at no extra charge. How nice! We live a few blocks away so it shouldn't be a problem. We are winding down our time here in Mazatlan. We leave for Puerto Vallarta this coming Sunday the 4th. We played our last hands of Texas Hold'em on Tuesday. I did win one of the rounds but fell a little shy of taking 1st place for the month. I was a little disappointed but had a great time and met some fantastic folks during our months here playing. We also sang our last karaoke song at Puerto Viejo and said "good-bye" our friends there. We've spent 3 months here in Mazatlan and friendships were formed...a little difficult to say Bye. Here's a good laugh for you. I've been teaching Spanish to 2 of my neighbors, Jeanette & George. Don't laugh too hard! I'm only teaching Spanish 101. The basics only. Both of them had signed up & paid for classes with a Spanish teacher. Their teacher only taught them vocabulary words. Hell, I've had Spanish Classes way back when and I know the 1st thing we learned was the alphabet in Spanish. So, they asked if I would teach them. George even had a workbook that I could follow which made my job very easy. These guys got their money back and paid me. Now, I'm proud to say they know the alphabet, numbers(time & money), months, days of the week, colors, how to ask questions of what they want or need, basic directions and feminine vs. masculine words. Not too bad! Plus it was a great refresher course for me. Tomorrow I'll be attending a Salsa/Salsa/Margarita Class. We'll learn to make 3 types of salsas, 3 different kinds of margaritas and Salsa dancing to following. Bob has no interest in joining me so I'll be attending solo. The rest of our time here will be spent surfing destinations in Belize and Guatemala. It's only logically one of the two will be our next country to explore. We do wish everyone a safe evening and we'll talk next year. Lots of love - Bonnie & Bob

0 comments: