Friday, December 19, 2008

Merry Christmas

To all our Family & Friends.... We are wishing each of you a very Merry Christmas. We are missing everyone dearly during this Holiday season. I'm missing my Aunt's tamales... But fortunately have wonderful friends who remind me how good they are. Thanks Trechell & Cindy for rubbing it in. And I know we will be missing a great time at my Mom's yearly Eve party. Who's going to be making all those Pomegranate Martinis? Hopefully my cousin Kris can pick up the slack. I will be calling in on Christmas Eve. Mom make sure you have your computer near by so you can hear the computer ring. Can't wait to hear ya'lls voices. We had been without Internet for 4 days now & it was driving me crazy. We've been pretty busy doing things around town. Bob's played a few rounds of golf, poker tops our list of activities. In fact my luck has turned around (hope I'm not jinxing myself) I've pulled into third place this week with our league play. A few more weeks left...wish me luck. Lots of concerts going on around town. In fact, we had the pleasure of listening to one of the top rated Mariachi bands in the world. They are called Mariachi Vargas. Wow, they guys were amazing. I've had my share of listening to mariachi music (not normally my thing)...but these guys were awesome. I kept thinking about my Aunt Luz and Uncle Ramiro...I know if they were with us, they would be belting out every tune. Well it definitely feels like Christmas around here. Not the shopping crap but all the lights, Christmas trees and parties. Our Christmas will be spend here with the neighbors. We'll be firing up the pit and having a potluck dinner. Plus a few of us plan to attend Midnight Mass. We are 2 blocks from a huge Cathedral and they have been ringing their bells and singing Ave Maria everyday. Sounds really nice except the chimes are starting at 6:00 a.m every morning. I had a painful experience yesterday. I finally had to go back to the doc for my heel problem. Next course of action was a Cortisone shot. O'My God that was painful. I actually screamed several times and I have a high pain tolerance. I sure hope this round works. They told me it could take a day up to 12 days to know if it works in reducing the inflammation. If it doesn't they want to do another round of shots. Not sure I want to go thru that again. But, today the pain was minimal. I'll be laying off of it for a day or two before walking for exercise. Alot of birthdays going on this month. I want to wish my cousin John, my cousin Kim, my cousin Gilbert, my nephew Bret, Kristina Lemieux, Deena Colburn, Ginger Hughes, Shirley Jones, Julia Urbanek, my Aunt Sylvia, Thuy and Chris Walters a very happy birthday. Always thinking of you guys. Lots of love to all - Bonnie & Bob

2 comments:

Elizabeth @ My Life, Such as it is... said...

Merry Christmas! I've had a cortisone shot and it hurts like the dickens! Not surprised you screamed - I did. Enjoy the holiday season.

Bonnie N Bob's Travels said...

Merry Christmas, Elizabeth to you and your family. Thanks for reading my posts