Wednesday, April 8, 2009

First wave of guests

Hey everyone, how's it going? Bob & I have been busy; we're expecting our first wave of guests today; Mike & his friend Jill. We are so excited. They should be here around 1:30 and we'll meet them at the water taxi pier. Bob "Mr. Tour Guide" has been researching all kinds of tours and activities for our guests. Both Mike & Jill are divers so I know that tops the list plus we have a fishing boat booked for Saturday. I gotta give Bob lots of credit; he's good at tracking things down. You should see his list of activities to do...includes snorkeling, diving, fishing, beach bbq and cave tubing, recommended restaurants and of course it's Easter weekend...lots going on in town. We'll have more guests arriving next week so they can do a little or as much as they want. Everyone knows how much we miss our family & friends so we're very excited to spend the next 2 weeks visiting our friends. I can't wait to give them each a big hug. We have our camera packed with us now at all times so, I will start taking some pics and sharing the fun times in the near future. O'guess what? What's one of my favorite pastimes? POKER. The bar across the street host a game every now & then. I had told them that if they ever got a game to come find me. Last night there was a knock at the door around 9:00 saying a game was going to start if I wanted in. I said, "let me think about that, YES!" Bob was already nodding his head while watching tv so we wasn't up to it. I was out the door and played till 2:30 a.m. There was only 6 of us but had a fantastic time plus I more than quadrupled my money. Gotta like that. Cash games are so different from tournament style but I enjoyed those boys buying in over & over again. Show me your money! For those of you not sure what I'm talking about "Cash" vs "Tourny".... Cash Game - There's a buy in for your chips which last night ours was $20. If you lose your chips you can buy another $20 to keep playing. Also, in a cash game...you can walk away at anytime. You're not waiting to have a 1st & 2nd place winner. You can play one hand and decide to cash in. Tourny Game - There's a buy in for chips but once you lose your money your out. The other player keep going until there's a winner. Not much fun if you're the 1st person out. You either go home at that point or wait & watch the others finish up and start a new game. So, I did enjoy the Cash game. Hadn't played that way in a long time. Well I guess I should be closing out for now. I need to whip up some fresh guacamole & salsa for Mike & Jill. I need to have a little something for when they get here. Just wanted to say Hi and tell everyone to have a wonderful Easter Holiday. Love you - B&B

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see y'all are enjoying Ambergris Caye, one of our favorite places. We've stayed at the Palms in downtown San Pedro several times. Send me an email, seanowens01@gmail.com, and I'll pass along some pointers on Belize, as well as some ways to address your comms issues, etc... Sad we won't see y'all in Texas this summer, but we'll make plans to hook up at some point for bevvies and poker south of the border.

Best,

Sean