Wednesday, February 18, 2009

La Gruta Hot Springs

I can't believe I forgot to put this on my San Miguel page. Hot spring or Thermal Baths surround San Miguel. There are several to place to go but Bob did his research like he always does and chose La Gruta for us to hang out for the day. La Gruta wasn't but 15 mins out of San Miguel. We took the local bus which cost us a whole ($.05/pp). Taxi would have been roughly $14.00 roundtrip. Park entrance was $7.00 per person. This place was fabulous. La Gruta has 3 Thermal pools ranging from warm water to hot. So take your pick. There's also what they call a Dome Top Thermal which is the hottest. You get there by walking in a cave about waist deep warm water. We were able to see the light at the end of the tunnel or Dome Top so it wasn't too dark in the cave. Now this water was steaming hot. I enjoyed it for a short time then I started getting claustrophobic. Bob loved it. He returned to the cave several times throughout the day. I went back a 2nd time only to turn around and head out. Way too many people now. Not my thing. The other bodies of water worked perfect from me. Here's the largest of the pools. The water was Luke warm. I used it as my pool. This is the entrance to yet another pool. Much warmer water than the large pool. Same pool as above entrance This is the entrance to the Top Dome Thermal. As you can see the tunnel is a little narrow but it wasn't a bad walk in We couldn't take our camera in for obvious reason but I'm glad I went in. Lots of folks hang in here before heading to their massage. The property offer massage therapy of facials and wraps. Wraps are not my thing either. I do not like to be confined in any form or fashion. Heck I have to sleep with my feet out of the covers. I'm weird I know. Bob reminds me all the time. This is the outdoor restaurant. Very good food and inexpensive. Salads to Fajitas and cold beverages. We had a really good time here and a must if ever traveling to San Miguel.

0 comments: