Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hi

Hi! How is going over there? We're seeing all kinds crappy weather across the states. Hopefully it's not effecting you. The weather has been awesome here with full sun, cool breeze all afternoon & a little nippy at night. We hit a "gold mine" this week. I had mentioned in a previous email that our house is across the street from a restaurant/bar called Hamilton's. We've spent a little time over there & got to know the owners. Steve runs the bar while his wife Claire runs the kitchen. Boy, did I pick their brains and they were so open and had fantastic insight. Bob & I have no idea what we'll be getting into when we open up our restaurant/bar. YIKES! I'm not discouraged though; I think the information we receive along the way is a huge help and guide for future business. Claire is from San Marcos, TX. No wonder she was so open & friendly. She told me she never lets anyone in her kitchen but for some reason was open to me being there. We whipped up some battered fish, shrimps & fries. She had valuable information on how a kitchen should operate, we talked appliances and layout of a kitchen. Steve is from South Africa. He too, opened up & shared his knowledge on the bar business. Trust me when I say it's not easy to find people who open up and share experiences. A lot of the time when we tell people our future plans on Guanaja they clam up. It's retarded. It's not like we would be taking business from them. So, when we meet people like Steve & Claire it's golden. I'm sitting out on the porch since there's a small corner where I can utilize someone else WIFI. Bob has the the radio on inside and I'm listening. The local station here cracks me up. There's continues music no doubt but the range is so funny to me. I've heard some Shakira, to Spanish meringue music, to Wake Up Little Suzy, Kenny Rogers & Nat King Cole. Just never know what to expect. I've recently gotten in touch with a lot of my High School & Junior High friends thanks to Facebook. This website is so addicting & fun. I want to say hi to Terri Pepper, Stephanie Porter, Jamini Lakin, Julie Beck, Lynn Colmar & Aimee....these were my buds from way back when. Terri, Stephanie & I try to chat daily or as often as we can. We've picked up where we left off all those years ago and its great. I should be thanking my friend, Liz Thormaehlen. She's the one that influenced me to sign on. I had been avoiding this website like the plague. O' and I've gotten in touch with my old neighbors that lived across the street from us, Robert & Albert Estrada. Robert told me that Albert is vacationing here on this island with his family. I have been searching up & down the streets in hopes of seeing him. Wouldn't that be a riot. I know, today I'm just rambling on. I still don't have pictures for you guys. Especially for my friends (fake) Trechell, Cindy & Ina. These girls know how much I love crawfish and it's the season. Weekly, I'm getting emails from them with pictures of them chowing down on crawfish. Ina cooks up a mean batch of them too. So, she sent me an email of what I was missing during her crawfish boil. Nice friends, huh? I love them & miss them dearly but they're still my fake friends right now. I'm really bummed I haven't been able to talk to my Mom. I was able to use Skype one day only and that was a fluke. We had the privileged of talking to my MotherNLaw, my Dad and my Aunt Luz. Since then, I'm not able to call out but I am able to listen to messages that are left on my Skype voicemail. Weird, huh? So, Mom keep the voicemails coming. Love hearing your voice. I'll keep trying on my end too. Just maybe I'll get thru one day. Bob & I usually ride our bikes into town in the evenings. Lots of great happy hours & live music going on around town. But for the most part it's quiet around here. The majority of the people here dive so, their day is out in the ocean. We have access to kayaks at any time & we have snorkeling gear to use. But every time we want to go out the wind is blowing pretty hard. One day we'll get out there. Otherwise the hammock suits me just fine. Well, that's all I got. Hope you are doing well. Missing everyone - B&B

1 comments:

Toni said...

Hey Chica!! It's Neesie again. I've been telling Dora that we have to go see you soon. I'm gonna surprise you one day. Sounds like lots of fun and wish I could do the same.

Be safe and see ya soon.

Toni