Sunday, January 25, 2009

Guadalajara Zoo

I'm a sucker for Zoo's! Bob & I spent all afternoon watching all the animals. The grounds are divided into the zoo, a safari, and aquamarine park. All require separate entry fees or you could buy a package deal at the front gate. We wanted to see it all and we're glad we did. The first part of the day we spent at the zoo seeing my favorite animals.
I love the big cat
family
Don't you just
want to play
with them?
Hey Bro,
What's up?
Sorry I couldn't
resist.
After the zoo we went to the Safari. As we enter their were some bongo's /drums and we decided to have a little fun.
Then we boarded this
large jeep to watch the
animals in the wild.
Very cool since they were
not caged up.
I was able to feed
the giraffe some
carrots.
A momma ostrich had
laid her eggs and wasn't
too thrilled with us being
that close.
She had a few
choice words
for us.
I don't know why
but I think these
enormous animals
are so cute.
We had tons more photos taken of the zebras, lions and jaguars but since we are on a moving vehicle the photos pretty much sucked. They did a nice job with the Safari layout.
From the Safari we took the little train that ran all over the parks over to the Aquamarine Park.
Great train ride and it
wasn't on tracks.
The park had
a separate road for the
train which was
really nice.
The Aquamarine Park was very cool. We walked down into a cave and so the tanks were surrounding us. Fish were swimming over our heads and moving down the walls on either side of us. They had the normal displays of fish; everything from Clown Fish to Piranhas to Sharks. My favorite were the Manta rays & Stingrays. They are beautiful. You could tell they were used to being handled by humans. They were in a shallow tank and would swim to us. I manage to pet a few of them. They feel so soft. I don't know why we didn't take pics other than we was more involved with watching them and playing.
The park also had some
awesome scenic views.
As you can see we
had a great day!
Hope everyone is
enjoying their day.
Lots of love - B&B

2 comments:

Peachy Girl said...

Wow...this zoo looks and sounded awesome. You guys are having the time of your life from what I read thus far. The mummy museum was very interesting. Thanks for blogging.
HUGS

Tunisia Burns said...

That pic of you guys hitting the bongo drum cracks me up!! Lucky byatches