Monday, June 9, 2008

If I never cook another cake...

That would be alright with me! Do you I cooked 10 cakes for this wedding reception to wind up with an amazing piece of art. The cake came out wonderful! Of course with the help of Sharon and Judy. I still had the problem with the cake crumbling but we kept it all together with a large amount of frosting. It looked beautiful. I made a 2 tier Pineapple cake w/white frosting and decorated it with Island Flowers and shells. Lots of pictures were taken I just need Judy to forward them to me and have Bob put on our site. The whole reception was fabulous and the bride/groom were very pleased with everything. Fortunately, a few of the islanders here are like me and have very little to do and they pitched in to help. Definitely a group effort with the flower arrangements, balloons, decorating and food prep. We started out with appetizers of Shrimp dip spread on triangle shape fried flour tortilla and jalapenos w/cream cheese wrapped in bacon. Entree included seafood soup, steak, fish, shrimp, baked potatoes, mixed vegetables and green salad. The kitchen was amazing and did a fabulous job. We were all pooped after this party but very rewarding. I have to admit that it wasn't all work and no play. Friday, I went with some friends to a party off one of the Cays. Bobby Thompson owns this spectacular piece of beachfront property and beautiful "vacation" home. He has this 2 story boat dock with all the bells and whistles. The 2nd story of this dock was a large bar/kitchen area. (fully stocked). We had our cocktails, appetizers and music playing. Some of the guys would jump off the balcony into the water. Very crazy. But what was so cute is that one of the guys had his dog (Irish Setter) that didn't want to be left behind. So, he would jump off the 2nd story balcony too. It was so fun to watch. The dog would then paddle to the stairs and with a little help from someone he would make his way back in line to wait his turn to jump. It was awesome. We also played this fresbie game on the beach that was a blast. We played with partners. There are 2 PVC pipes (6 ft in the air) about 40 ft apart, 2 empty beer bottles (one balancing on each of the pipes) and a fresbie. Monika and I were teammates. The opposing team stood at one end of the pvc pipe while we were at the other. The object of the game is for a team to throw the fresbie in hopes of hitting the pipe and causing the beer bottle to fall. It would be our job to catch the fresbie before hitting the ground and if the bottle gets knocked over then we would need to catch the bottle from touching ground too. Points are scored accordingly...If the fresbie touches the ground that is one point. The bottle touches the ground that is 2 points. If the both hit the sand it would be a total of 3 points but if the opposing team catches both then they get 5 points. Play till one team gets 21 points. My play time was cut short due to a slight injury. I cut the bottom of my foot on a piece of coral. That was pretty painful. Can't say that I can put pressure on it yet. It's still an open sore that I'm very careful to clean everyday. I'm told can get into an infection quick. I just wish it would hurry up and heal. I'm walking so ackwardly that my shin muscle is getting rather large and disportionate. (Is that a word?) Anyway the day at Bobby's place was a blast. Tomorrow (Tuesday) a couple of us girls...(Barb, Judy and myself) are sailing with Vern to Roatan. Judy has a house on the beach where we'll be staying. We're not sure how long we intend to hang out on this island but for sure 1 night. I have a friend, Jason Welch who is vacationing this week on the island that I hope we can hook up with. I'd love to see him. I'm trying to track him down and get the message to him to find us tomorrow. Shouldn't be too hard. I atleast know the resort he's staying at. Didn't do too much today. A little laundry and made my way into town to the internet. Driftwood is closed today but tonight is Pub Trivia at Skidrow. Since we are scheduled to sail at 8:00 in the morning...I may wimp out in going to Skidrow. Other than that...nothing much happening! And I'm loving it.

2 comments:

Selena said...

Hey! So sorry I missed your IM that day. Our group here at work took some customers to Redfish Lodge, and I got it while out on the boat catching trout! It sounds like everything is going great for you there! I sure miss you. Jaiden turns 3 tomorrow, can you believe?? I am doing well, staying busy with work and of course socializing, too. Me, Cindy and Lizette are headed to Mexico on Saturday to Isla Mujeres; I come back home next Wed. and they leave for Playa del Carmen until next Saturday to stay with Ina. Other than that, not a whole lot going on with me. I doubt that I will be able to make it to see you while you are there this year :( Anyway, take good care and I can't wait to see you when you get back in town! Also, drop me a note so I have your email address: splentl@comcast.net

Peachy Girl said...

Mufasa,
The games that you guys come up with just goes to show that retirement for you will never be boring :) I hope your foot heals really fast because this injury will only make it more easier for you to stumble :)
Hugs!