Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Reception Party

Hi! Here's a little of what I'll be doing this week. As you all know Bob is back home taking care of some business so I have nothing but more time on my hands. Don't feel bad for the long hours at the restaurant / bar. I'm loving every minute of it. I get to drink, socialize, play dice, cook a little and take in the sites of a beautiful ocean. Trust me...I'm playing hard too while working. It's a tough job but somebody has to do it. This weekend we have a wedding reception taking place at our restuarant. Sharon and I are compling the menu, decorating, creating a specialty drink (lots of trial runs right now), and make a cake. Some of you know I'm not a baker. I can cook all day but baking is not my thing. And yet this is my major responsibility for the evening. Holy Crap! I baked 3 cakes yesterday. I'm not having a problem with the taste but I cannot keep them from sticking to the pan. I've tried, Oil/Flour and Pam. When I flip my cake out of the pan...I have a doughnut remaining. HELP! Any bakers out there have any comments. Yes, I am cooling before flipping. I'm hoping my problem is the Aluminum pans I'm using. I'm off to the store to see if there are any Teflon pans available. I'll keep you guys posted on how the event turns out. Sharon has asked if I wanted to help out with a Fishing Tournament. Some company from the states is wanting to host this event down here and asked Sharon for assistance. Heck ya, I'll help out. Sounds like a blast. Based on the number of people and being a "corporate" event; Sharon & I will be looking at Roatan for hotel accomodations and chartering boats for the tournament. This will take place mid-July. I'm very excited about it. Well, gotta go! Take care. I'll be in touch. Love ya.

2 comments:

Tunisia said...

Hey girly,
I'm not much of a baker but is it cooked all the way through because that usually happens to me when it isn't cooked all the way. I'm sure you'll have fun testing all the cakes! It may also be the kind of butter you are using or the humidity level. I'm making this up as I go, can you tell?

Bonnie N Bob's Travels said...

Hey Tunisia. Good points. I'm doing the toothpick trick and it comes out clean. I hadn't thought about the butter issue. They do have some different kinds down here. I'll try a new brand. And I'm sure the humitidy has something to do with it too. You're right...I am having fun tasting.

Thank you. Give a big hug to the the family for me. Love ya!