Saturday, June 28, 2008

It's been awhile

Hi my family and friends! Sorry its been awhile since my last post. Bob finally made it back to the islands...woohoo! We've been really busy with kayaking, snorkeling and partying with our friends. I can't believe June is almost over. Island time still flies by... It will be sad to leave this island at the end of July. The islanders are getting ready for Carnival and the SunJam Fest. I'm anxious to see what its all about. I'm told its a huge party for a solid 15 days. The festivities will start July 19th so we'll be around to experience some of it. I know that all the hotels are booked up during that period which is great for all the local business here. The streets will be filled with party goers. Last night we went to Chris and Jody's for an awesome dinner party. It was a pot luck dinner and we had a great variety of food. We did a little dancing to some disco music and flat out had a blast. The weather here has been fantastic. I actually pulled my bike back out the week before Bob arrived. My most favorite time to ride is at night. The moon had been shining so bright that I didn't even need my flashlight coming down the backside where its pitch dark. I'm pretty sure I had mentioned the house we are staying in is on the backside of the island where the roads aren't paved and no street lights. The bike ride was fantastic. I was paying a little too much attention to the moon and the ocean that I hit quite a few potholes. Thank God I wasn't too intoxicated. Although one evening I was carrying some leftovers in my basket and when I hit one of the holes my food went flying out. It was pizza...my favorite! O' Well...the scenery was worth it. We've had a great breeze the last few weeks...in fact it's been a little chilly in the evenings. That's funny to write since the temp has been mid 80's. The breeze makes a nice difference. We've been getting some storms blow thru every few days. They blow in and out quick though. I think that's why I really like hanging out at the Driftwood. The deck/bar is built over the water and when working the bar you can see the storms moving across the ocean and feel the wind pick up. I love it. Especially when lightening is in the area. On the island we have a local TV broadcast...And guess what folks, I made the news. No, not as a flasher on the beach either. Chris, Jody, John, Monika and myself were playing FrisKnock on the beach. FrisKnock is the Frisbee game with post and beer bottles I wrote about before. This time I remember the name of the game. Anyway, the videographer taped us playing and aired it on the news. We were referred as "Monika & Friends" playing "tourist" games. It was quite comical. Monika is a hoot...When that camera was on her...she made no mistakes. She caught the Frisbee, her throws were accurate (in fact he knocked down my beer bottle) and she was a star but as soon as the video guys were gone...the next Frisbee throw is near the water and nowhere near the post. We've been giving her a hard time about that. She performs well. Well, I need to report to the bar. My shift starts at 5:30 - 10:00. Hope everyone is doing well. Miss you guys.

0 comments: