Saturday, June 14, 2008

West End Players

I had mentioned we listened to some great live music in Roatan. Well the band, West End Players was so much more than great. They truly were one of the best bands I've heard in a very long time. Brion is the lead singer and electric guitarist. He is also the tentant that is renting Judy's house. Anyway, Mark May is one of favs to listen to live. I love the way he plays his guitar; well guess what...Move over Mark. Brion, is hands down my favorite. He is amazing. I've learned that he is very well known and has written lots of published songs for Janet Jackson and was a backup guitarist for the Rolling Stones while on tour. He looks like Prince. Small in stature but what a presence on stage. (Trechell, I know you are reading this and you would have been extremely proud on how he sang: Purple Rain, and Little Red Corvette.) I can't say enough about this artist. His vocal range, the way he plays guitar (makes love to it), and his performance is tops! I hope to go back to Roatan and hear him again. They played all kinds of music. It's a four man group and the bass guitarist had a fabulous voice too. They played U2, Staind, Prince, Hoobastank and so many others for 3 hours solid. Not one break. Ginger, when you guys come in July...I will find out Brion's schedule so you can check out for yourself It's Happy Hour now. Gotta go. Ciao.

2 comments:

Peachy Girl said...

Its nice to know that Prince can also be found in Honduras...WOW! I'm glad he performed well and to be able to pull off Prince...well..he must be really damn good :) Sounds like you are having the time of your life and of course still missing us ... right :) Take care and can't wait to see you in July!
Love ya and still missing you!!

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog...keep it up! You guys look so dang happy. I had a dream the other night Tom and I came down to visit and we had a blast. We'll see if we can turn that into reality. Miss you guys! xoxo